Bernadette E. Smith, CFP®
Director of Portfolio Management
As Director of Portfolio Management, Bernadette Smith is committed to helping clients work toward their personal financial goals by constructing globally diversified portfolios that align with those goals.
Bernadette joined 4Rivers Wealth Management in 2021. She is responsible for managing the portfolios of the firm’s high-net worth families, trusts, endowments, and retirement plans. While focusing on investment research and analysis, Bernadette also oversees the firm’s Investment Committee whose members develop asset allocation strategies and portfolio construction methodologies.
Bernadette brings three decades of investment management experience to the firm. Prior to joining 4Rivers, she served as a Senior Director of Portfolio Management and team leader for BNY Mellon where she oversaw portfolio management for ultra-high net worth families, trusts, and charitable trusts.
A resident of the North Hills and a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, Bernadette is passionate about giving back. She has served as a valued committee member for the board of directors of numerous regional charities. Bernadette is also an esteemed graduate of “Leadership Pittsburgh” which identifies leaders in Southwestern PA and empowers them to tackle pressing regional issues.
Often quoted in the media, Bernadette is a sought-after speaker and covers topics close to her heart such as leadership and women in business.
- United Way of Allegheny Co.- Women’s Leadership Circle
- Women & Girls Foundation- Committee Chair
- YWCA Center for Race & Gender Equity- Advisory Committee Member
- BNY Mellon’s Global Star Award for Community Involvement
- Recipient of the Athena Leadership Award
- Recipient of Cribs for Kids- Women of Achievement Award
- Recipient of the YWCA’s Tribute to Women’s Leadership Award
- Provided Market Updates for KQV Newsradio from 2011-2012
- Featured contributor to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Tribune-Review, and Pittsburgh Quarterly magazine
When I’m not working: I have my head in a book, usually something with a hint of historical fiction.
Vice: It would be chocolate covered pretzels and coffee. But coffee is my daily necessity.